Why should I complete the NICEIC Domestic Ventilation training course?
The NICEIC Domestic Ventilation Training Course is a course designed, written and delivered by industry professionals. Held at our training suite at our Crawley headquarters, the two-day course is aimed at anyone with an interest in installing ventilation systems, particularly experienced electricians, plumbers, ventilation installers and heating engineers looking to improve their knowledge and understanding of domestic ventilation systems.
The course meets the minimum technical competency requirement for Installers looking to apply to join a Competent Person Scheme in England and Wales for Domestic Ventilation Systems. It is also relevant for installers working in Scotland and Northern Ireland.
What does the NICEIC domestic ventilation training course cover?
The domestic ventilation training and assessment has been designed to provide the necessary skills in design, installation, testing, commissioning, handover, servicing and fault-finding of ventilation systems in accordance with the latest National Occupational Standards (NOS) and Minimum Technical Competency documents (MTC). It also looks at legal requirements, why ventilation is important and the different types of ventilation available. At the end of the course, delegates will have received both theoretical and practical training, including the commissioning of a working MVHR system.
What does the NICEIC domestic ventilation training course involve?
- Fundamental working principles of ventilation systems
- Minimum legal requirements
- The types of ventilation systems
- Passive Stack Ventilation
- Intermittent extract fans
- Continuous Mechanical Extract Systems
- Continuous Mechanical Extract Systems with Heat Recovery
- Why ventilation is important
- The varying techniques used for installation of the different systems
- The pitfalls associated with poor workmanship and misuse of ventilation systems
- Basic system design
- Preparation prior to installation
- Competent Person Schemes
- Commissioning of a mechanical ventilation heat recovery unit
- Inspection and testing
- Certification and documentation of a mechanical ventilation heat recovery unit
How much does the NICEIC domestic ventilation training course cost?
Course cost is £215 per candidate which includes NICEIC certification upon successfully passing the training and assessment course.
How do I book the NICEIC domestic ventilation training course?
To enquire about Vent-Axia’s course simply fill in your details below. For up-to-date ventilation guidance, please visit the healthy homes section.