Lo-Carbon Sentinel Kinetic
The first of our new generation of MVHR systems incorporating a range of features. Small enough to fit in a kitchen cupboard with integrated digital controls for easy installation, the Lo-Carbon Sentinel Kinetic range is designed with developers, installers and specifiers in mind.
The Sentinel Kinetic range incorporates:
- A wholehouse heat recovery system with up to 94% energy efficiency
- An easily accessible heat recovery cube protected by two removable EU3 filters
- Two Lo-Carbon Energy Saving EC/DC motorised fans ensures long life (typically over double the life of an AC motor) and lowest possible energy use
- Fully insulated construction with built-in condensation drain connection
- Specifically designed for new build construction with a high level of insulation
The Sentinel Kinetic models can be mounted vertically in a roof space, hallway cupboard, kitchen or kitchen cupboard. When mounted in an unheated area ducting should be insulated. Ducting can be attached to the unit horizontally, vertically or both. Minimum internal depth of kitchen cupboard: V, B and BH models 290mm.
Integral Humidity sensor
The integral humidity sensor (models with H suffix) increases speed in proportion to relative humidity levels, saving energy and reducing noise.
The sensor also reacts to small but rapid increases in humidity, even if the normal trigger threshold is not reached. This unique feature ensures adequate ventilation, even for the smallest wet-room.
The night-time relative humidity setback feature suppresses nuisance tripping as humidity gradually increases with falling temperature.
The Sentinel controller is the most advanced system available, providing Demand Control Ventilation (DCV), minimising energy consumption and noise levels, and optimising ventilation performance. Sentinel controlled units may be set to operate fully automatically or with varying levels of manual intervention.
BMS (Building Management System)
There are two levels of BMS available: Basic Output and full Electronic BMS.
Basic Output provides a five volt output from the LED terminals on the controller. This output occurs whenever a message appears in the digital display, for example; 'Check Filters' or a fault code. The output can also be converted to volt-free with the addition of an optional Opto-Coupler.
Electronic BMS: A full range of two-way digital signals are available through the RJ11 connector on the control board. The BMS system provider will translate this signal to extract the desired data. Contact Vent-Axia to discuss your specific requirements.
MVHR units are often installed in lofts or other locations where they are difficult to monitor. THe optional remote LED alarm illuminates when any message is visible in the MVHR unit display panel. The LED alarm can be installed in a convenient location within the dwelling allowing end users to see that the unit requires attention.
The supply and extract ventilation unit shall be a Sentinel Kinetic as manufactured by Vent-Axia and shall be sized as indicated on the drawings and shall be in accordance with the particular specification.
Supply air to the room shall be pre-heated by the extract air via the integrated composite plastic counterflow heat recovery cell. The Sentinel Kinetic shall automatically vary the ventilation rate via EC/DC motors, as it receives signals from one of the optional interconnected sensors. When a signal is received, the fans shall either vary their speed proportionally or on a trickle and boost principle.
The unit shall have the facility to commission the supply and extract fans individually via in-built minimum and maximum speed adjustment, or alternative wired remote control unit. The fans themselves shall have independent, infinitely variable speed control.
The unit shall be manufactured with an ABS Outer case construction, and incorporate a reversible core to allow for left or right hand mounting.
The unit shall have a high efficiency composite plastic counterflow heat exchanger, supply and extract filters, automatic summer bypass, (B/BH) integral minimum and maximum infinitely variable speed controls with facia mounted failure indication. The unit shall have low energy, high efficiency EC/DC fan/motor assemblies with sealed for life bearings. The impellers shall be high efficiency forward curved centrifugal type.
The unit shall have heat exchanger cell with a thermal efficiency of up to 92% when tested to EN 308. This shall be protected by G3 grade synthetic filters on supply and extract. Complete with a condensate drip tray and drain connection.
The unit shall be constructed with a removable core allowing full maintenance access. The removable core shall provide access to the following:
- Supply or extract fan
- Supply or extract filter
- Heat exchanger
- Access to the electrical connections
Access shall be provided for wiring termination and setup/commissioning. The backlit LCD user interface therein shall be removable for remote mounting if required.
Units shall be as manufactured by Vent-Axia Ltd.
All Sentinel Kinetic units shall incorporate the following functions integrally mounted, pre-wired and factory fitted by the manufacturer:
- Integral infinitely variable fan speed control on supply and extract
- Integral min/max ventilation control/set point
- Integral BMS interfaces - control and status indication
- Heating interlocks
- 0-10V proportional speed adjustment
- Volt free contacts
- 24V sensor supply
- Integral on/off or trickle boost function from remote switch e.g. PIR occupancy detector
- The unit shall be controlled by the 'Sentinel' control devices (enablers and sensors) as detailed in the schedule or on the drawings
- Fully automatic summer bypass
- Switched Live input with adjustable 'delay-on' feature
- Fan failure or component failure indicated via individual fault code display
- Running time counter
- Control panel PIN number lock
- Automatic frost protection effective to -20°C
- The unit shall incorporate ('H' models) an integral humidity sensor with the following features:
- Ambient Response; Raises the humidity trigger point as dwelling temperature reduces
- Rapid Response; Monitors the rate of change in humidity and triggers increased airflow even if the humidity trigger threshold is not reached
- Proportional Response; Incrementally increases the fan speed to reduce noise and reduce energy consumption
- Tool free filter access