CPD - Energy Recovery for Schools – The Latest Developments (offline)
Agenda (1 hour)
• Market Drivers – Energy & Environment – Legislation
• Design & Installation – Energy waste – Indoor Air Quality
• The Need for Control – Demand Ventilation
• Energy Recovery Technology – Plate Heat Exchanger
• Application – Classroom Demand Energy Recovery Ventilation
• Case Study Workshop – Whitecross Schools Conference
This seminar covers demand ventilation incorporating energy recovery specifically for use in classrooms and meeting rooms.
Driven by legislation, Part L and Bulletin 101, energy recovery is used to recover not only heat but also cold air, thus reducing heating and cooling loads without over ventilating.
The highly efficient 90% plus aluminium plate heat exchanger is explained graphically in slides showing maximum energy savings for both heating and cooling loads. The system is shown in animation working with a room mounted CO2 sensor that adjusts the ventilation rates as required.
The Whitecross Schools Conference is also covered which discusses the benefits of mechanical ventilation over natural.